Mr. Freeman attended law school at the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University. He received his undergraduate degree from Birmingham-Southern College. Since joining the firm, Mr. Freeman has helped recover over $100 million in economic damages in multi-district litigation and asbestos exposure cases.
He has represented over 1000 businesses and individuals in disputes resulting from the 2010 Gulf Oil Spill. Mr. Freeman has been integral in the firm’s leadership efforts on the Litigation Committee for the Providers in Blue Cross and Blue Shield MDL 2406. He helped draft and file one of the first federal talcum powder lawsuits in the state of Alabama. He has overseen the submission, processing, and settlement of thousands of asbestos claims, with multiple defendant trusts, valued at 10’s of millions of dollars in damages for clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Freeman worked at Regions Financial, as well as in the bankruptcy, corporate, and estate planning areas of the law.
- Multi-District Litigation
- Environmental Mass Torts
- Business Planning
- Estate Planning
- Alabama, 2012
- Tennessee, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama, 2012
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D.
- Birmingham-Southern College, B.S.
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Tennessee State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
Awards and Accolades
- Scholar of Merit, Cumberland School of Law
- Dean’s List, Cumberland School of Law
- Outstanding Business Senior, Birmingham-Southern College
- Beta Gamma Sigma, AACSB Business Honor Society, Birmingham-Southern College