Mr. Roden has over 40 years of experience handling injury cases, including cases involving motor vehicle accidents and defects, dangerous dietary supplements, and chemical exposures. Over the course of his career, he has taken over 100 cases to trial, and settled countless others, including a $700 million settlement over PCB contamination in Anniston, AL.
Other notable case involvement includes a class action suit against McWane Cast Iron Pipe Company concerning its pollution of the Village Creek watershed and membership on the Plaintiff’s Coordinating Committee for a multi-district litigation against Ephedra manufacturers for personal injuries and wrongful death. He has also worked on several mass chemical exposure cases in Lake Charles, LA as plaintiff’s counsel.
Mr. Roden has also had many charitable endeavors throughout his career. He was instrumental in establishing the Alabama Civil Justice Foundation in 1992, which serves as a source of funds available to charitable organizations in the state. Working through the Alabama Trial Lawyers Association, he created the Foundation as a vehicle for the state-wide legal community to assist Alabama families, children and citizens in need. The grants awarded by the foundation are funded from Interest on Lawyers’ Trust Accounts (IOLTA), a procedure approved by the Alabama Supreme Court.
Mr. Roden is a graduate of the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University and attended undergraduate school at the University of Alabama.
When not working, Mr. Roden spends time exploring the roads of Alabama on his Harley-Davidson. He is an avid rider and takes any chance he can get to hop on his motorcycle.
- Toxic Torts
- Class Actions
- Mass Torts
- Motor Vehicle Defects
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Personal Injury / Wrongful Death
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Alabama, 1974
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 1975
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2019
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D.
- University of Alabama, B.A
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama Association for Justice, 1984 – 1988, Member, Executive Committee
Awards and Accolades
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers